The news going round Nigeria is that the country is no longer in recession, but the economy seems to not be aware of this as the cost of living keeps sky rocketing daily.
Till date companies are still downsizing their work force, the number of unemployed persons keeps rising.
This situation has led a lot of Nigerians to seek for other available means of making ends meet through honest efforts. This has led many to the world of business. Many persons have not started their venture due to low capital.
The Xpress Gist team has decided to compile a list of business you can start with as low as ten thousand naira (10,000) to hundred thousand naira (100,000).
The business ranges from farming, to bead making, to buying and selling and many more. The business you decide to engage in has a lot to do with your location.
The truth is that you can make a lot of revenue from the business of your choice, all you need is the right location, your packaging skills, your marketing ability and your mindset towards the business.
Below are some of the business you can start in Nigeria with less than 100,000 naira-
- Food vendor- No matter the state of the economy, Nigerians must eat. This fact alone makes such business very lucrative. You can start this business with as low as 60,000 naira. Ensure your environment is clean, your food nice and the quantity reasonable. You are sure to get good customers.
- Mini importation business- It simply means buying and selling foreign products, popularly known as okrika. You can start this business with as low as 15,000 naira. Look for products with high demand and you would surely smile to the bank.
- Bead making- This is quite popular among the female folks, although anyone can venture into it. It requires very minimum capital to start this business. You can start with as low as 20,000 naira. Your skill determines how fast you make profit. Ensure you get the required training before venturing into bead making.
- Snail farming- Do you know that with as low as 50,000 naira you can start a lucrative snail business. Snails are in high demand this makes it a very good business to start. Snails are sold at a very high price. You can start snail farming in your area and sell to hotels, restaurants and even individuals.
- Small business centre– This might come as a shock to you, but you might not know how wonderful this business venture is. All you need is a good location and a friendly attitude. This kind of business is good around higher institutions, as students are always in demand of your service. You can also sell drinks and snacks alongside. You can start this business with as low as 100,000 naira. You get a fairly used desktop, a printer and a photocopying machine, with time you can get a generator and fridge.
- Poultry- The beauty of this business is that you do not need any special skills to operate poultry. It is a little easy to start and very cost considerate. You can start with 30 day old chickens at #150 the total cost would be 4,500 naira, and buy feed of 15,000 naira. With proper management you can start selling your birds in 3 months’ time. Ensure you feed properly and there is adequate space.
- Viewing center or ball house- Football has become an important part of Nigerians especially among the males. Watching the game seems to be more fun in viewing centers, hence people do not mind leaving their flat screens at home to watch the game at a viewing center. This has made viewing centers very lucrative. You can start this business with as low as 90,000 naira. You can also sell snacks and drinks alongside to maximize your profit.
- Phone accessories- This business is booming with the rapid increase in phone purchase by Nigerians, You can make money by selling phone batteries, chargers, ear-piece, phone covers, screen guard and many more accessories. You can start this with as low as 75,000 naira.
As a student in a Nigerian higher institutions there are also certain business you can do, you can engage in buying and selling of clothes, photography, home lesson, writing projects and assignments, hair dressing, mishai (noodles and bread).
This are few businesses you can engage in, if there are more business ideas feel free to share it with everyone here.
Do well to share this post. Speak with Us Here